OOTD: Smithfield Square

Despite the fact that we cannot go, well, anywhere, except within 5km of our homes, I have found that putting on an outfit that makes you feel like you have somewhere to go helps marginally. Mind you, this only happens about once every two weeks - when I can gather together the energy and motivation to make an effort - but when it does, it can be quite cathartic.




I do love a good flare, so when I saw these Zara jeans I had to have them. They make me feel a bit like Avril Lavigne - especially with the Docs, my absolute favvvves at the moment - so that's a good a reason as any to purchase something in my eyes (reasonable? No. But we move).


This cream chunky jumper is H&M - they always have these in stock in loads of different colours (I have a few) and they're a great basic piece to have because they go with everything. This one doesn't come cropped (I have it tucked up) and looks just as great un-tucked with some black or cream leather pants which Zara are my go-to for.


The jacket, I must admit, I stole from Ed because it went with my outfit vision... and yes that's how I justified it to him. It's Zara Man - just a basic black puffa - with just enough puff so it doesn't look quilted, but not too much so that it looks Michelin Man -esque. 


Sunglasses are my trusty Ray Bans (on sale at the moment!) - I love these and these are essentially the only sunglasses I wear (unless I'm wearing a statement pair that go with a particular outfit - keep yours eyes peeled for a lilac-tinted cat-eye pair coming soon to my eyeballs). The earrings are & Other Stories - I love their jewellery, it is long-lasting and sturdy, without the crazy prize tag. You will never catch me not wearing hoops - I don't feel like myself without them. And this GLORIOUS bag I found on Depop!



I have heard vicious rumours that people have been saving loads of money during these lockdowns (i.e. this past year) which is baffling to me. More power to you - but if it's not clothes to make me feel better (or getting a size up of something I now no longer fit into), it's home stuff, because I'm just constantly sitting in my house and looking at things so often that I get sick of them and want something new (I specifically have a cushion purchasing problem). Let me know your sitch - have you been saving money during these lockdowns? If so, HOW? Or, have you, like me, been buying and eating your feelings. Let me know.

Thank you for reading as always,

Lots of love


 

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Definitely in the not saving money camp! Without parcels to look forward, to how else does one pass the time in a pandemic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES Okay phew, I feel more normal now. EXACTLY! What is life without parcels, even if you can only wear the new clothes in your kitchen and to Tesco x

      Delete

Back
to top