New Years Resolutions 2016 ♡





















So another new year has rolled around, with another new vat of resolutions and good intentions*. As so many times these resolutions are broken within the first couple of weeks, I decided if I wrote them on my blog - sharing them with others - it would mean I have to stick to them! Some of them are ones I make time and time again, and some are new ones - based on important lessons I’ve learned since this time last year. I also decided to write my resolutions here in the third person, pretty much telling myself to do them… it MIGHT work okay! Here goes..

(*sidenote: HOW did 2015 disappear so quickly? Next week one year ago I moved to Southampton - how crazy is that? In ways in seems like yesterday, but in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago that I was there. Its strange, I somehow really feel like a completely different person now in a lot of ways, so maybe that's why it feels so strange to think about it! Anyway, I'm rambling as per... let the resolutions commence!)

SIOFRA'S NEW YEARS RESOLULTIONS 2016 

*ahe-ahemmm*

✗  Learn to be happy on your own, not just when surrounded by others

✗  Get that tattoo

✗  Focus more on college

✗  Redesign your blog and try to blog at least once a week (I wish I could do more but final year plus a part time job just will not allow it). Also be more creative with it!

✗  Don’t be a pushover - be kind but do not allow people to take advantage of your kindness and see it as weakness

✗  Be kind to yourself too

✗  Meditate regularly & practice mindfulness (highly recommend!*)

✗  Take up yoga/pilates - practice at least twice a week

✗  Walk outside more

✗ Become more of a morning person (yikes.) - thus, try to sleep earlier than 3am.

✗  Drink more water (EVERY year!)

✗  Plan the J1 and graduate visa (EEEPPP!)

✗  Surround yourself with people who make you feel happier and make your life better, and not people who drag you down or expel negative energy

✗  Travel whenever you can

✗  Make decisions based on yourself and your happiness and not solely on that of others

✗  Do not settle for anything less than extraordinary

✗  Do not allow how others treat you to affect how you see yourself. You are not the opinion of others. Try not to take everything so personally.

✗  Marry Stephen James (okay slightly joking but mostly not. Look him up - instagram: whoiselijah.  HOW IS HE EVEN REAL?)

✗  Take risks, take every opportunity. SAY YES! 

✗  Learn to love yourself.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 

 I spent New Year's Eve with my family and Grainne's family (and Grainne's lovely boyfriend) - our parents have been friends since before we were born and we've been friends pretty much since she arrived on the planet. We had a lovely night and set off these sky lanterns at midnight - each making a wish for 2016 and leaving 2015 behind. I can't say I'm sad to see the back of 2015 - it was a trying year in a lot of ways but I have learned a lot about a lot of things, but also about myself (a cliché I know, but it's true!) and am so looking forward to this year and all the amazing adventures and opportunities and memories it will bring. I hope 2016 is your best year yet, and that you take this opportunity to leave the past behind (if you need to) and look at the world with fresh eyes and the intention to make this year amazing!




Et voilá! Those are my resolutions. I would love to know some of your resolutions or any extra ones you think I should add to my list - let me know in the comments, tweet me (@Siof_) or comment on instagram (@siofiee_93) ! 


Thank you so much for reading,

Siofra

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Fingers crossed I can stick to them! (I may have been a smidge over-ambitious, haha). Hope you are having a happy New Year so far :)

      Delete
    2. There is no such this as being over ambitious! Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible.

      Delete

Back
to top