November/December Favourites

SURPRISE, I'M BACK! I sincerely apologise for my lack of presence here on my blog, final year has really taken its toll and any free time I have I seem to spend attempting to catch up on sleep or squeeze in visits to my friends - we are deprived of each others company due to final year demands. That, along with various other life events, has contributed to my lack of activity on my blog and for that I sincerely apologise. I will explain better in a separate post but please know I have wanted to be blogging but I had to look out for myself and get things back on track before I was able to give you guys good content that you would want to read :)























With all that said, I haven't done a favourites post in QUITE a while so this one is quite lengthy - I wanted to include the products I've been loving over the last couple of months, some of which are also mentioned in my Everyday Make Up Routine post (see here). I hope you enjoy, and please let me know what you have been loving recently - feel free to comment, tweet me (@Siof_) or instagram me (@siofiee_93). Hope you are all having a lovely holiday wherever you are in the world and whatever you are celebrating and whoever with. Sending my love to you, and thank you for reading!
MAKE-UP/BEAUTY:

1. L'oreal True Match Foundation in 'Golden Beige'
I use this foundation when I'm wearing fake tan as it suits my tan shade perfectly. It has a beautiful dewy finish on the skin and can be built up to a medium coverage. I apply this using my beauty blender and it leaves a wonderful, non-cakey finish on my skin.

2. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in '100 Ivory'
This has been my go-to everyday foundation for quite a while now (when I'm not wearing fake tan) since I switched from using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation (also really good - just wanted a change for a bit so went back to an old Rimmel favourite). This is slightly lighter coverage than the L'oreal one (but slightly heavier than Bourjois) but again is buildable. I really like the finish this gives my skin - dewy but not shimmery - and it really brightens up my skin when its looking dull, if I haven't been sleeping well or been particularly stressed out. (Also, brownie points for having SPF 20 in it!)





3. NYX Powder Blush in 'Taupe'

Another holy grail product of mine - this is the perfect contour shade for my skin tone - and I think it would suit skin more olive toned/sallow than mine too! The pigmentation is great but the brush doesn't pick up too much product that you end up with an ashy looking line - the pigmentation is just the right amount and buildable. It is the perfect cool tone to create the natural contoured effect.

4. MAC blush in 'Harmony'


This is a golden oldie - a long time favourite of mine which I abandoned for a while but have now come back to and it has forgiven me! This is also a gorgeous contour shade but has a much warmer tone so isn't quite as 'natural' looking, however I apply a small amount of this over my contour shade and on the apples of my cheeks and my temples to warm up my face a bit. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Also looks beautiful with a golden highlight shade like MAC's 'Soft and Gentle' Mineralised Skin Finish (featured in my Everyday Make Up Routine also).





5. NYX Cosmetics lipstick in 'Eurotrash'

This lipstick was given to me as a gift from one of my best friends Becky and I am ASBOLUTELY OBSESSED with it. It is the perfect everyday nude - not too brown toned (which can be difficult to wear) and not too pinky either - it is the perfect combination of the two and looks absolutely beautiful with any make up look - I also wear this on nights out! This formula is creamy but appears matte on the lips - my absolute favourite as you can achieve the matte look without the horrible drying feeling so many matte lipsticks give your lips. I would definitely recommend these NYX lipsticks and they have TONNES of beautiful shades, at a very reasonable price. 






6. Rimmel liner in 'Cappuchino'

I paired this liner with the NYX lipstick and found it to be a perfect combination! It is a light brown shade which would go perfectly with any shade of lipstick as it outlines the lips well but is not too dark. This liner goes particularly well with any sort of nude shades at all - from pinky nudes to brown nudes - and blends in wonderfully with any lipstick, unlike many cheaper liner alternatives which leave a stark outline after the lipstick has been applied. Again, a really reasonable price and really easy to get your hands on! 
(*applies to the lips much lighter brown than the swatch appears on paper above*)

7. Maybelline Colour Sensational in 'Velvet Beige'

This is a gorgeous neutral mauve lipstick colour, so easy to wear and would suit any skin tone. It has an amazingly hydrating formula and leaves a slight sheen on the lips - nothing overly glossy (I'm  not a gloss fan). The perfect shade which can be taken from day to night and suits all occasions and make up looks!

8. Rimmel Lasting Lip Liner in 'East End Snob'

This lip liner is the closest cheap dupe you will find to Charlotte Tillbury's Lip Cheat Lip Liner in 'Pillow Talk' - it is just the teeniest smidge more on the pink side and also the amount of product you get is much less - however at €17 cheaper than the Charlotte Tillbury version, these complaints are nothing major! This is gorgeous worn on its own or underneath a pinky nude/mauve lipstick such as the Maybelline one I have mentioned or my Old Faithful Cheryl Cole L'oreal Nude (limited edition - major sad face). Apologies for the lack of swatch for this one, I literally could not get any out, it is completely finished!

9. MAC lipstick in 'Faux'


As you can see in the swatches, the last three lipsticks mentioned all look very similar, however on the lips I promise you they do look slightly different! The NYX one has an entirely matte finish, while the Maybelline one has a sheen to it and this MAC one has a 'Satin' finish - not glossy but a little creamier looking - definitely not matte. This is a gorgeous muted pink shade, again very Kylie Jenner. Beautiful on its own or over Rimmel's 'East End Snob' liner.








10. Charlotte Tillbury Matte Revolution lipstick in 'Very Victoria' & Lip Cheat lip liner in 'iconic nude'.

I am absolutely obsessed with this lip combination. Very different to the aforementioned lipsticks - this is definitely a true brown shade, however it is light and most definitely wearable. I think this looks amazing with absolutely any look and can be worn day and night. I have worn this combination almost every day for the last couple of weeks - I would definitely recommend getting your paws on these! (All swatches applied to my - pale, non-tanned - arm, obviously look slightly different on the lips depending on the natural shade of your lips).





(they swatch on paper a lot differently to on skin as you'll see in the below photo where I swatched each one on my arm - a truer representation of the colours!)




















11. Too Faced 'Natural Eyes' palette

THIS. Has become my new favourite eyeshadow palette. It has all the perfect shades you need to create a neutral toned eye look - wearable both in daytime (lighter shades) and night time (with darker, smokier shades also). As you can see, my favourite shade is 'Push Up' which I have hit pan on, and I also love the pinky shimmer shade next to it ('Silk Teddy') as an inner corner highlight, with 'Nudie' or 'Cashmere Bunny' popped in the crease for an easy, quick daytime look. I highly recommend this palette, the eyeshadows are super pigmented minus the fallout - the perfect combination if you ask me! Definitely worth the price tag. 




























12. Barry M 'Pitstop' & 'Rose Quartz' nail polishes

I love wearing these nail colours together - with Pitstop as the main colour and Rose Quartz as a top coat on an accent nail. Pitstop is a beautiful muted grey/lilac shade, which pairs amazingly with Rose Quartz which has lots of pink and silver undertones. I love the effect the combination of these two gives! 

























13. Barry M 'Lychee' nail polish with Chanel 'Atmosphere' polish on top

Another gorgeous combination - I like to apply two coats of the Barry M nude shade first and then the Chanel shade on top for a really unique, iridescent effect! The Chanel polish is really unique and changes colour depending on the light - in some lights looking an iridescent shell shade and in others looking iridescently purpley/pink. I got lots of compliments on my nails when wearing this combination! 





(notebook - TK Maxx)


14. Zara perfume 'Bright Rose'

I could not be worse at describing scents so I'm going to describe this as - floral but not overly floral, and sophisticated - and leave it at that. To get the true scent I would advise just going to a shop and smelling it for yourself. This is one of my all-time favourite perfumes and is really affordable! Zara have lots of gorgeous scents, all for a really reasonable price - so if you are on the market for a new perfume or getting someone a gift but don't want to break the bank, I would recommend having a gawk at the Zara perfumes, you won't be disappointed! The men's colognes are also DIVINE (The 'Zara Black' one smells like a sexy man in a bottle. Not even kidding.)






















CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES:

15. Topshop small hoop earrings

I'm pretty sure I have worn these with just about any and every outfit I've put on this month and I just love the edge they give! They are so easy to wear as they are not too big but give a cool, 90's edge to any outfit - daytime (I wear them with a big slouchy jumper and ripped jeans/leggings, or a casual dress with tights and boots - any outfit at all really) or night time (Jeans, a nice top and heels, they also go really well with any sort of going out dress!) They cost €9.50 in Topshop and I have most definitely got my money's worth, ten times over! 
(ring tree - Kate Spade, a gift from my cousin in our family's Secret Santa this year! I love it.)



















16. Penney's backpack

(firstly apologies for the weird hanger shot, it's the only place I could put it that the lighting didn't make it look weird).
I have got so many compliments on this backpack and people are always shocked when I say it's from Penney's! I wear this to college everyday - it goes with literally every outfit - and I can fit my laptop, make up bag and notebooks in here no problem, believe it or not! They also have it in a gorgeous baby pink shade which I may just have to go back and get ...



17. Fluffy keyrin

Another Penney's purchase, at €3.50 I think this is a very good alternative to Fendi's version of these key rings (at £400 a pop..!!???!!) AND may I just note that they look almost identical, you wouldn't notice a different unless you felt the fabric - the Fendi one probably feels like a fluffy cloud while the Penney's one is a little rougher in consistency - but who on earth cares, they look the EXACT SAME. Penney's also have these in black, navy and a light grey. I have this attached to my keys and it makes them SO easy to find in my bag - you can't miss a red fluff ball easily!



















18. Rings

I have always been a fan of rings - there are certain ones I NEVER take off, however in the past few months I have gone a little ring-crazy, I have been known to wear one on every finger (sometimes two - you can see the connected chain ones in the photo!) I love the edge they give an outfit and how they are all really unique. I got the majority of these in Penney's - they have a really great selection recently! I need to go back and get more ASAP. The only downside is that they discolour easily and also make your fingers slightly green-tinged due to their quality (TIP: Paint the inside of the ring with clear nail polish before wearing them and they don't leave that green mark!)

























19. Vintage Jackets - The Edge & Harper & Lewis

Obsessed is not even the word when it comes to these two jackets. The denim one came all the way from Southampton when I lived there - in my favourite Vintage shop Harper & Lewis, and the red bomber jacket came from a shop by the milk market in Limerick called The Edge! I wear them both all the time - the denim one is so versatile, I often layer a grey zippy hoodie underneath it on top of a plain black top and ripped jeans, and it also gives an edge to a dress, tights and boots combination! The red one I loved to wear with black jeans and boots, or even a denim shirt and denim/black jeans, - it really makes a plain outfit interesting! 






























MISCELLANEOUS:

20. Family & Friends

Obviously enough my family and friends are not just my favourites in the last two months but I haven't done a favourites in a while and I wanted to give a special mention. They have been there for me one million percent particularly in the last 7 months, literally day or night, no matter what the situation is, no matter how big or small the issue is, (they are always there for me but recently I needed them more than ever) and I will never be able to thank them enough for what they have done for me. I'm not going to get too emosh about it don't worry, but they know who they are (not all pictured here, I couldn't find pictures with everyone) and I will be eternally grateful to them. I would not be in the happy place I am today if it wasn't for them and I can say that for absolute fact. They are truly the best people in the world and I feel so lucky to know them and have them in my life (soppy bit over, apologies for that). 

(**Please excuse the poor quality of some of the photos - they were taken on my phone!)
























(**Please excuse my appearance here - everyone else looks uber glamorous - I, however, got dressed, ready and make-uped in the bathroom of a moving airplane. You know, the normal place to get ready. (You cannot begin to imagine how difficult it was to get into that dress, it is the tightest thing in the entire world - all I could think was, "If this plane starts to go down I'm screwed" - because I could barely manage to walk down the steps it was so tight - never mind if I had to slide out of the airplane or, you know, swim or run to safety!) Chaos. Anyway, that didn't happen. But it does explain my slightly exhausted, dishevelled appearance!

21. Pumpkin Spice Candle

I have to seriously refrain from attempting to eat this candle every time I light it. It literally smells exactly like pumpkin pie and I find it to be the perfect Autumn/Winter scent - I love the way it makes my bedroom smell and it really makes it cosy on these miserably cold/rainy days we seem to be getting of late. I got this one in TK Maxx and I am constantly on the prowl for another one as it is half finished already! I think the company is 'The Countryside' for DW Home if any of you want to try find it online for yourselves, I'll try link the website here if I can find it! (http://www.dwhome.com - they don't ship outside of the US yet but it says 'coming soon!')
























22. Halloween

I know this TECHNICALLY wasn't in November or December but it was at the very end of October and I just had to mention it because it was so much fun! I love dressing up and being creative and I feel like Halloween is the one night you can truly wear anything you like out and nobody will think you're insane (not that that stops me during the year, but anyway). I dressed up as Pocahontas as you may have guessed from the photos - my mom and I made the top - it's a strapless bra just covered in fabric (purchased in Hickey's) and the fringes are cut out from a darker fabric and sewn along the top, the skirt is one I wear all the time that I got in H&M and I made the necklace out of blue felt and a piece of shiny silver card. The headband and feather accessories are thanks to my friend Sarah, who owns just about every feather-related object you could imagine (Thank you Sarah!). I also covered myself in gold flash tattoos which were interesting to cover in work the next day! Niall (one of my very best friends in the world, pictured below) went as 'Starved by Vogue' and his make up was amazing, done by his extremely talented younger sister. We went out the night before Halloween to avoid the messiness of Halloween night (pointless because we ended up going out last minute the next night too), and lets just say the group we went out with were pretty much the only ones dressed up. Which only made it even more fun and hilarious. Such a great night!

(apologies for the slightly poor quality of some of the photos - I took them on my phone!) 


































23. Adele

Adele is literally QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE at the moment. She came back with a BANG and has literally taken the world by storm since her single 'Hello' came out, followed by her album '25' and her world tour (which I sadly failed to get tickets for *sobs hysterically*) My current favourite song of hers is from her new album and is called 'When We Were Young' - watch her perform it live  by clicking the link - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDWKuo3gXMQshe is truly amazing and flawless and also how can a human being even sound like that?! She can do no wrong. All hail Queen Adele. I love every song on the album, they are all incredible, but my two favourites have to be 'When We Were Young' and 'Send my Love (to your new lover)'.


(photo source: Tumblr: )
(Photo source: Tumblr: )

WOAH that was quite the ramble. If you made it to the end, well done and thank you for reading the entire thing! When I haven't blogged in a while I tend to lose the run of myself and blab on and on and on and on ... you get the idea. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas/holiday period and that you all have a truly happy and fulfilling New Year. I have learned so much in 2015, things I will take with me into 2016, but I can't say I'm not glad to be leaving 2015 behind - it's been one difficult year. We do not always have control over things that happens and difficulties we have to overcome, but we do have control over how we try to deal with these things and how hard we try to overcome them, no matter how many times we fail. Always try again. 

"Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo."


Thank you so much for reading, let me know what you have been loving recently in the comments, or tweet me (@Siof_) or follow me on instagram (Siofiee_93) or ALL OF THE ABOVE! (The excitement is real).

Lots of love and virtual hugs if you need one, and a very happy new year to everyone. Keep an eye out for my New Year related post coming very soon!

Siofra






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top