January Favourites


Well would you look at this, I am ON TIME for a monthly favourites post. These are some of the things I have been loving throughout the month of January. Some of these you may have seen mentioned in various other blog posts and some are new additions. Happy reading!








MAKE UP:


Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette - I have briefly discussed this palette before when I showed it in a post about the palettes I got for Christmas(here), and upon using it religiously since then, I have grown to love it more and more. The shadows are incredibly buttery and pigmented, and almost bouncy when you swatch them with your finger. The colours I have been using the most are Milk Chocolate (3rd from the left on the top), Salted Caramel (1st in second row), Marzipan (beside Salted Caramel), Semi-Sweet (beside Marzipan) and the gold shade 2nd from the left on the bottom row (called Créme Brulée I think). The colours blend so easily and have a beautiful finish. My favourite combination at the moment is Marizipan with Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate through the crease and under the eye... I occasionally get hungry while using this palette, not only do the names of the colours sound divine, but it smells like chocolate too as the ingredients of the shadows include cocoa powder!


Charlotte Tilbury 'The Golden Goddess' eyeshadow palette - Again, this palette I also mentioned around Christmas time in the post linked above and I have been absolutely loving it. The colours all blend together so well and leave a gorgeous neutral look on the eyes, while still allowing you to create a smokey eye look. During the day I would usually wear the top two colours together - the lightest all over the lid and the grey/brown shade in the outer corner/through the crease. Then, to turn it into an evening look (or a slightly more dramatic day look) I add the darker brown shade over where I have first applied the grey/brown shade, and finish with using my finger to put a pop of the shimmery (bottom left) shade right in the centre of my lid. Overall such a glowing, beautiful effect!


Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat lip liner in 'Pillow Talk' - This. Has to be the single most amazing lip liner I have ever used. I have the shade 'Pillow Talk' which is the PERFECT neutral 'your lips but better' shade to go with any make up look. I have worn this every single day since I got it and also on nights out, it is just the most perfect colour. So easy to apply (I usually apply a really thin layer of balm before applying it so it doesn't cling to any dry patches on my lips), and super long-lasting. It is gorgeous on its own but you can also layer any shade of lipstick over it for a greater effect - I have layered a pinky nude shade (Cheryl Cole for L'oreal) as well as MAC's Plumful and Revlon's Matte Balm in 'Sultry' and they all look beautiful over it. Trust me, you need to try this if at all possible.



MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in 'Groundwork' - (below right) I love this product a lot and have worn it frequently within the last month. As it is a cream product it is so easy to work with and blend, I use my finger to apply it and a clean finger to blend out any harsh lines left. It is a beautiful neutral light brown shade, almost like milky coffee (a little lighter than it looks in the pan when blended out, although if you want a darker effect then layering works a treat as it's a cream product). It looks gorgeous on its own on the lid, and perfect for when you are in a hurry because you can just slick on a layer and some mascara and you're good to go (if you have a little extra time it also looks gorgeous with just a slick of black liquid liner)! Alternatively, you can layer other shadows over it and it really makes their colour stand out more, as well as allowing it to last all day on the lids. 



MAC Cream Colour Base in 'Hush' - (above left) I have been in love with this cream highlighter for at least three years. I ran out of it about a year ago and as I didn't have the funds to re-purchase it straight away. I had been using MAC's 'Soft and Gentle' Mineralise Skin Finish which I already had in my collection (which I also adore). However, this Christmas my boyfriend's Mom gave this to me as a present and I have 100% fallen back in love with it. I apply it with my fingers on the tops of my cheekbones, in my brown bone, down the centre of my nose and on my cupid's bow. Because of the cream formula it meshes so seamlessly with your foundation and looks so natural and glowing. I also find it looks much more natural than a powder would as a day highlight, and also can be built up as a more dramatic highlight for nighttime (however I tend to wear quite a bit during the day, I like to be GLOWY).

SKINCARE:



Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - (below right)I mentioned these next three products in my most recent post about my Skincare Essentials (link here) so I won't go on about them too much. This is an extremely moisturising product which can be used all over the body. I mainly use it on my lips and find it so effective in smoothing out my lips and getting rid of any horrible chapped skin. It has a glossy finish so you could definitely get away with wearing it during the day as it is not majorly thick when applied (unless you want it to be). An amazing product.



EOS Lip Balm - (above right)As I said I did mention this in my last post and I think I pretty much covered everything about it. Really handy size to throw in your handbag, really moisturising and also easy to apply - no sticking your fingers into pots!

The Body Shop Vitamin E eye cream - Also mentioned in my previous post, this is a product I have not been using for that long but have definitely noticed a difference. I notice the difference very clearly when I forget to apply it, as I wake up with the puffiest eyelids in all the land. Like today for example. It's not pleasant.


CLOTHING/JEWELLERY:

Topshop's Leigh ripped jeans - Topshop's Leigh jeans are my favourite style of their jeans I've worn and I had wanted black ripped skinny jeans forEVER and I finally got them. They are so so soft and extremely comfortable to wear (which is unusual for jeans). They go with everything and I love wearing them with black boots, a jumper and my black leather jacket or my black fluffy one (pictured below).



Ring - I had to mention this as I literally have not taken it off since I got it. Seán got me this ring for Christmas and I absolutely ADORE IT. The blue stone is the colour of my birthstone (Sapphire) and one of my all time favourite colours. I adore how delicate it looks and it reminds me so much of Princess Diana's (now Kate Middleton's) engagement ring which I LOVE. 






MISCELLANEOUS:

2015 Paperchase diary - This little thing is pretty self-explanatory  and basic but I love it. I adore the turquoise shade of the cover with the lilac band, I love the fact that it's a page-a-day diary so you have plenty of space to write whatever you need to each day, and it's such a great size - not too small that you have to write in teeny tiny writing, but not too big that it's heavy to carry around. It helps me on my quest to becoming more organised, WOOP!


COACH card holder/purse - I got this handy little thing in my family Secret Santa/Kris Kringle this Christmas from my cousin Conor and it is honestly the most useful present I have ever received. It is the perfect size to fit in your handbag and I can fit so much in this little thing. There is a keychain so I attach my house keys onto that, a little slot for cards in the back where I keep my Visa card, licence, student cards etc., and the pouch itself is the perfect size to keep loose change as well as some notes if necessary. Plus IT'S SO PRETTY. LOOK. 

 



FOOD/DRINK:

PG Tips - Since living here in England and quickly running out of my stash of my favourite Irish tea, we picked up this GIANORMOUS box of PG Tips tea bags in Sainsbury's on offer and also in aid of Red Nose Day. I have to say I have really been liking them and may need to stock up to bring some home with me in Summer! Also pictured here are our gorgeous baby cacti that we picked up in IKEA (heaven in a building). There are three in total but the third one is a little camera shy (i.e. You could see the washing on the clothes line outside when I got the third one in shot). I'm still trying to pick a name for mine, any suggestions would be great!



DAY/MOMENT:

I'm going to get a little soppy here and say my favourite day in January had to be the last weekend I spent with Seán before leaving for Southampton(post here). We spent the weekend at the market and in Killaloe, our two favourite places to be.




I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what things you have been loving throughout the month of January!
P.S. We made it past the January Blues - CONGRATULATIONS are in order, we made it to Spring!

Thank you for reading,
Síofra


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top