Postcards from Paris: Mona Lisa & PFW

For my 26th birthday last month, Ed got me a trip to my favourite place in the world - Paris. As you know if you have been following my blog for a while, I have been to Paris a few times now but it just never gets old to me.


We arrived in the city of luuurve (Beauvais airport) on Friday morning - the red eye flight - and got the shuttle into the city centre which took just over an hour. We landed in our hotel and headed straight for a nap to charge up our energy reserves for the afternoon. After a quick nap and some caffeine, we got ready - Parisian stripes and all - and headed to the Louvre. As we had some time to kill before our slot in the museum, we wandered around the courtyard, taking in the amazing style (Paris Fashion Week was in full swing when we were there - it was so amazing and the style all over the city during our stay was just insane) and grabbed some sushi nearby before heading into the museum.































I had been to the Louvre before but as Ed had never been to Paris at all, I felt he needed to see all the famous sights and cool locations the city had to offer. The Mona Lisa has actually been moved to another part of the museum so it was a bit of a trek (and quite a lot of queuing) to find her, but eventually we did. I must say, I'm not sure it's worth it but I guess it's a once in a lifetime experience and it's cool to have seen it.

After hanging out with Mona for approx 30 seconds before being shuffled swiftly along, we checked out some of the other exhibitions in the museum before grabbing a coffee and making our way out. As we had virtually zero sleep the night before and were running on just the two hour nap, we grabbed some food and hit the hay, ready for a day chock-full of exploring the next morning...







Stay tuned for a giant blogpost on our second day in the city, coming very soon.

Thanks for reading,





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top