June Favourites 2014

I thought I would kick this blog off with something fun - a monthly favourites blog post. I realise we are three days into July but please consider the fact that I had no idea it takes so much time to plan and put together a blog post! So here goes - my first attempt at blogging: The things I have loved during the month of June...


1. Lidl's Sondey Farmer Cookies - Hazelnut Heart
Where to even begin with these. They are basically chocolate chip cookies with MELTED CHOCOLATE the whole way through the centre. Basically a food dupe for Maryland Gooey's but nicer and half the price. Oh and more chocolately. YUM.





2. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in '210 Unapologetic'
UH-MAZ-ING. The only drugstore matte lip product I've ever tried who's sole purpose isn't to dry out your lips. This is a gorgeous bright coral shade with great staying power. Looks like a giant crayon, no lip liner needed.




 3. L'oreal True Match Foundation (Shade: Rose Ivory)
I have been using this foundation religiously this month. I have the lightest shade and although it is a little pink for me I didn't want to go any darker for fear of looking orange. You know the drill. However I  may try the 'Ivory' shade as it is still quite pale This has a really nice dewy finish and feels light on the skin - coverage is definitely buildable. 





4. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealor (above) (Shade: 1 Fair)
Again, obsessed with this stuff. Covers under-eye bags, redness, blemishes and spots like a DREAM. Super affordable too at €5.99


5. Alexa Chung for Eyeko Liquid Liner - 'Eye Do'
This is one of those "practice makes perfect" products - as all liquid liners are if you ask me. The felt tip makes it easier to do a thin line, a thick line and any size flick you so wish. Also, - great name Alexa. Very punny.




6. Cheryl Cole for L'oreal Colour Riche Nude Lipstick
I cannot even tell you how long I have been looking for the PERFECT nude lipstick for. I wanted one not too brown, not too pink - somewhere perfectly in the middle. BEHOLD - Cheryl Cole's new nude Colour Riche lipstick for L'oreal.
NOTE TO SELF: Fear this may be limited edition. STOCK. UP.

P.s. Sorry about the grubby packaging - this is well loved, I wear it EVERY DAY.


7. Nine West Pointed Blue Satin Heels (Carrie Bradshaw-Esque)
I never buy expensive shoes because I simply don't have the money and also my heels always get destroyed on nights out anyway. However, I simply could not leave these beauties on the shelf. They shall be saved for special occasions - dinner, fancy partaays, and basically will be going nowhere NEAR the typical nightclub mosh pit situation. Reason for purchase: There were half price, they are beautiful, they look like Carrie Bradshaws. The photo doesn't even do them justice...





8. Youtubers/Bloggers: Zoella (top left), EssieButton(top right), Amelia Liana (bottom left), & Tanya Burr (bottom right).
Pretty self-explanatory - I have been loving these videos during the month of June (and all year round really)and their blogs are amazing too - particularly Amelia Liana's (www.liana-beauty.com) - she blogs everyday.


9. La Roche Posay skincare:
- Effeclar Purifying Foaming Gel (for Oily Skin) - DISCLAIMER: Not even a smidge foaming. Other than that - AMAZING cleanser, really easy to take make-up off using some damp cotton pads. Really saw an improvement in my skin. Slightly pricey at approx €13.75 but SO worth it. Skincare is so important! 






- Effeclar Duo - this is a treatment cream which claims to: Correct the appearance of imperfections, unclog blocked pores and fights against marks - it does all of the above! I apply this before I go to sleep and again in the morning just before I put on my make up - works a treat! Again, quite pricey (approx €17.95), but definitely worth it in my opinion.


10. Soap and Glory - One Heck of a Blot
I have been LOVING this face powder this month. Translucent in colour with a light consistency, it doesn't cake on the skin and takes away any shininess without getting rid of that lovely glow. May need to be reapplied during the day, depending on skin type. Also - FAB packaging yes?




11. Soap and Glory - The Daily Smooth (body moisturiser)
Nicest. Scent. EVER. It has quite a long ingredient list, claiming to smell like/contain: Mango Peel Extract, Rosehip Seed Oil, Shea butter, *GASP FOR BREATH* with fragrant notes of Bergamot, Blackcurrant, Magnolia, Freesia, Vanilla and Musk. What a mouthful. All you need to know really is that it smells AMAZING and works wonders on dry skin.



12. SCRUNCHIES.
Pretty self-explanatory. I wish I still had all my snazzy scrunchies from when I was little but I have made up for that loss by buying ... QUITE a few more. Below are my favourites. Behold: The Scrunch-aholic.
(Top row left to right: Topshop, Primark, Topshop,
 Bottom row left to right: Topshop, Primark, Primark)




Thank you for reading!


Siofra
         

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top