HOCUS POCUS *waves wand* - Halloween Cookie-ness!

GREETINGS PUMPKIN HEADS! Since Halloween is just two days away, and every year I plan to be super creative and bake lots of snazzy festive goods that I have seen on Pinterest and I usually never end up getting the time to, this week I decided I would make my best effort to do so. Since I'm off work this week (mid-term) I decided last night to attempt some Halloween-esque cookies, complete with coloured frosting. I must say I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out! I will leave the recipe below. P.s. Apologies about the crappy lighting in some of the photos, it's literally been dark all day here - no idea what's going on. Natural light was not on my side today. Anyway, I'm rambling as per usual. ENJOY!




('The Owl and the Pussycat' .. does anyone remember that nursery rhyme type thing?)


(She's not made of cookie dough, she is one of my Mom's MANY MANY Halloween decorations!)

Recipe: Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour (I used plain)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
(The frosting is just the Betty Crocker cream cheese one in the tub, split into different bowls with different colour food dyes added. The black icing is black Candy Buttons I got in Decobake which just melt in the microwave to the perfect frosting consistency!)

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius/375 degrees Farenheit

Combine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then sift into the butter mixture. Mix until well blended (I use a spatula/wooden spoon for this - some help may be needed if you are lacking in the upper body strength department like I am). The dough should be very stiff. Divide dough into quarters and pat into flat disks (I usually kneed the dough - with my hands, not my knees - a bit at this point to make it smooth and not cracked, making it easier to work with later). Wrap in plastic wrap/cling film. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Roll out one piece of dough at a time on a lightly floured board (TIP: Put flour on the rolling pin too so it doesn't stick!) Cut into shapes using cookie cutters (the fun part). Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for approx 8-10 minutes or until cookies are browning around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 20ish cookies. - (Recipe by William's-Sonoma, not made up by me!)


Hope you enjoyed this post, and HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEN!
Thank you for reading,
Síofra




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top