My Autumn/Winter Make-Up Favourites

When it comes to Autumn and Winter time my main foundation routine usually stays the same but I like to change up other areas of my make-up - usually on the eyes,lips and nails. These are a few of my favourite things to wear when it comes into the Autumn/Winter seasons - I love the deep berry colours that are so popular around this time of year especially.







1. Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Permanent Taupe' - This is a matte, neutral, grey/taupey shade (as the name would suggest). I tend to wear this as a base for other shadows as it stays put all day and generally wards off creasing. You could also wear this product on its own without layering other shadows over it.




2. Naked Palette 'Toasted' and 'Buck' - I have loved my Naked Palette (the first one) for quite a few years now. The one I currently own is actually relatively new as the mirror smashed in my last one and all the glass went into the eyeshadows and I didn't really want glass in my eyeballs so I decided it was worth getting a new one. ANYWAYS. The two colours in this palette I have been loving at the moment are 'Toasted' on the lid - a warm mauvey brown shimmery shade, and 'Buck' as a blending shade through the crease - a warm matte brown shade (I often mix it with the lighter shade 'Naked' aswell). I use these shadows on top of my base (mentioned above in #1) and I really love the effect it gives. Smudge a bit of brown liner into the lashline and whack on some mascara and you're good to go with an easy to wear Autumnal eye make up!




3. Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 380 'Dark Night Waterl-oops!' (on the left in the below photo) - This is a gorgeous, really dark, vampy, plum colour. I would recommend using a lip-liner with this (I think 'Night Moth' by MAC would probably be perfect but unfortuantely I do not own it so I have been using a dark red or brown one instead) as it is very easy to go outside the lines with such a dark shade - and very obvious when you do so! I like to apply the lip-liner all over the lip first as a base, then apply the lipstick using a lip brush, and then a second layer dabbing from the actual bullet. I usually blot it once and re-apply, to ensure longer staying power! As it is part of the Moisture Renew collection is feels hydrating on the lips and has quite a sheen to it on the lips.



4. Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick in '107' (on right in above photo) - Another gorgeous shade for Autumn/Winter - not as dark as the aforementioned one but just as lovely. This is more of a dark red shade which is quite matte rather than a deep purple like the 'Dark Knight Waterl-oops!' which has more of a sheen to it - a dark red can also be easier to wear sometimes if you're having a not-so-brave day lipstick-wise. I use a dark red lip liner all over the lip first and then apply it in the same way as the above lipstick. Sometimes, when I'm feeling too lazy to go find a lip brush I just dab it on straight from the bullet - it's easier to do as it's not such a scary dark shade! (I'm a rebel without a cause - I know).





5. MAC 'Brick' Lip Pencil - This is the perfect lip liner to go with the Kate Moss '107' lipstick, and plenty of other red shades, but I also like to wear it on it's own sometimes - just colouring in the entire lip with the pencil itself. It gives a sophisticated Matte finish which I really love, and can be less WOAH INTENSE than, say, an actual lipstick in that colour. Ya feel me? (Please don't). 

(Top - Kate Moss 107, Middle - Dark Night Waterl-oops!, Bottom - Brick Lip Pencil)

6. MAC Studio Nail Lacquer in 'Sunset Sky' (on my nails in the photos) - One of my best friends Alison got me this for my birthday and I have been LOVING it ever since. It's the perfect Autumnal/Wintery shade and it's so easy to apply, 2 coats of the polish and you are good to go. It lasts well on the nails, and if you add a top coat it will last even longer! It is such a beautiful shade and I love the name - when you look at it in the bottle you can see shimmery purple red going through it which I assume is what the name was inspired by. I think this is a shade I will rarely take off in the coming months!





Also, shout out to my props making these photos look pretty - Yankee Candle in Red Velvet (making my entire room smell exactly like CAKE, what could be better than that?) and my little fake flower thingy that reminds me of the one in Beauty and the Beast kind of.. (it's from TK Maxx).


I hope you enjoyed this post and that it gave you some inspiration to change up your look a bit for the Autumn/Winter months without having to do anything too dramatic or crazy if that's not your thang. Then again, if it is, GO FOR IT.

Thank you for reading!
Síofra

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top