The Wooden Spoon

Last Saturday, Clare, myself and my little sister Meave decided it was the perfect day to take a trip to one of our favourite places to spend time - a small town/village called Killaloe. They have the most perfect little bakery there called The Wooden Spoon (wonderful name) that does the most amazing food, pastries, desserts and coffee/hot chocolate (my second favourite place to get hot chocolate - after Angelina's in Paris!).











It was quite packed when we went so we got some hot chocolate and cakes to take away and we sat down by the lake to eat them. It was slightly chilly but still really sunny - my favourite type of weather. Between us we got Carrot Cake, Lemon Polenta Cake and Coffee Cake to share, and they tasted DIVINE. If you ever find yourself in Killaloe, please ask a local to direct you to The Wooden Spoon bakery - you won't be disappointed. They also do really tasty savoury food, but this particular day our mood was: CAKE.









I decided to put a little thought into my outfit for the occasion, rather than being lazy and throwing on some black leggings and an over-sized jumper (my usual go-to attire). 


T-shirt - Massimo Dutti (stolen from my Mom)
Skirt - Vintage (a shop called Unicorn in Oxford, UK)
Leather Jacket - Forever 21
Bag - Michael Kors
Boots - TK Maxx





I hope you enjoyed this post, 

Thank you for reading! 
Síofra



CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. hi- me again!
    cud u pls list ur top 5 fave hot choccies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog :)

      This is so hard to choose! Okay so currently I think my top 5 favourite hot chocolates are:
      1) Angelina's hot chocolate (white/milk chocolate), from Angelina's Café in Paris
      2) The Wooden Spoon, Killaloe (as seen in this post)
      3) Costa's Christmas White Hot Chocolate (it comes with gold edible stars on top) tied in third place with Costa's Christmas Honeycomb Hot Chocolate (it tastes like a melted Crunchie bar)
      4) Insomnia's Fairtrade Hot Chocolate (they also often have seasonal hot chocolate specials which are good too - a Peanut Butter one they had was good, and they currently have a Raspberry and Honey one which I am keen to try!)
      5) The Chocolate Shop's hot chocolate - they have a shop in the Milk Market in Limerick every Saturday morning
      6) (I couldn't pick just 5) Starbuck's Salted Caramel hot chocolate - it was a limited edition flavour last winter so i'm hoping they bring it back soon!

      Do you have any favourites I need to try out?
      Thank you for reading!

      Síofra x

      Delete

Back
to top