So I'm sorta moving country...

SURPRISE! I am moving to Southampton!
So unfortunately Paris isn't my moving destination of choice (that was the dream) but on the 15th of this month I will be moving to Southampton, in the UK to study in the University of Southampton for five months. This is part of my course and is also known as Erasmus/Study Abroad. I will be studying the same course in Southampton as I am here (psychology) but will be taking different - and much more interesting - modules! I am moving there with two of my closest friends in college, Sarah and Katie, and the three of us will be living together in this adorable little house we found which looks exactly like the one Natalie from Love Actually lives in from the outside (except hers is in Wandsworth - the dodgy end). 

We travelled to Southampton a couple of weeks ago in search of accommodation and luckily we found a house, after viewing a few dodgy ones. We went at the start of December so it was very Christmassy (as you'll see in some of the photos) with a Christmas market and trees up everywhere. 





As I said, the dream would've been to study in Paris for a semester, but unfortunately the University in Paris was only French-speaking, meaning I would've had to take my Psychology modules through French (as if the lingo isn't complicated enough in English!) Honestly I would've been willing to try, I love Paris that much, but unfortunately the University would not allow us to do so. HOWEVER, Southampton is a beautiful city and our house is just a 20 minute bus ride from the nearest Wagamama's, Nando's and Topshop so I'm pretty sure we can live with that! I am excited for the adventures and opportunities it will bring. 

Titanic Memorial Statue (above)


(^^This guy. Standing right smack bang in front of the freakin' Christmas tree in Gatwick Airport. COULD YOU NOT HAVE WAITED SOME PLACE ELSE?! Yeesh.)

I will be continuing to post regularly on my blog while I am there - hopefully even more frequently as I may have more free time between classes, so if there is anything in particular/vague you would like to see me post about then I would love to hear your ideas :)If you don't have an account and can't comment on this post feel free to tweet me !(@Siof_)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL, I hope 2015 is your best year yet!

Thank you for reading,

Siofra



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top