Au Revoir, Paris: Macarons, Croissants, Love Lock bridge & Angelina's


As Sunday morning rolled around and I saw Mom off to the airport, Jackie, Joni and Marie headed to the Palace of Versailles and I - having been there twice - decided to take my final day in Paris as a chance to wander around and explore.


Top - Primark
Scrunchie - Topshop



My first stop was, of course, Ladurée, for some Macarons. Whoever came up with the recipe/idea for Macarons deserves a medal, and I'm sure they have got many. I chose six - Pistachio, Rose-Citron (Rose-Lemon), Orange Blossom, Lemon, Strawberry and - my personal favourite - SALTED CARAMEL!)

An umbrella store with the most exotic umbrellas you ever did see - up to the value of €750 .. For an umbrella you could accidentally leave on the Tube for Pete's sake!


I found a cute little Parisian café and settled myself outside with a croissant, hot chocolate and, of course, my Macarons. I sat here for quite a while writing some postcards and taking photos - it was such a lovely feeling to be able to relax in my favourite city. As you can see, I couldn't resist a quick Macaron photo-shoot - they're just so pretty!







From there I decided to find the Love Lock bridge. As I understand it, many bridges in Paris have become known as Love Lock bridges - not just the original one. One of these is situated quite close to the Musée d'Orsay or the Jardin des Tulleries - depending which side of the river you are on. It is so lovely to see all of the locks, hundreds and hundreds of different sizes and colours, signed by lovers, couples, friends, family members and even strangers. I attached a lock with my name along with my Mom's name and the date, as it was her I had come to Paris with. I think it's such a lovely idea, and it was really special to see all the loved up couples, best friends and even children with their parents, all excitedly attaching their lock to the bridge and some throwing the key into the river to lay there forever. 







I couldn't leave Paris that day without going to get what is - in my opinion - the world's best hot chocolate. This can be found at Angelina's Café on the Rue de Rivoli in Paris, just opposite the Tullerie Gardens on the same side of the river. The hot chocolate - albeit expensive - is so worth it. It's so rich and creamy and literally tastes like melted chocolate mixed with cream. SO SO GOOD. And half the price to take away!





After that, I made my way back to the hotel to collect my suitcase and to say goodbye to Jackie, Joni and Marie. It was sad to say goodbye to them but fingers crossed it won't be another five years before we meet again.



I hope you enjoyed this Paris series, let me know your favourite places to see/things to do in Paris if you've ever been!

Thank you for reading,

Siofra




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top