February & March Favourites

Greetings all, and welcome to another favourites post. I am aware this is a little delayed, apologies, but having spent time at home over Easter and then coming back over to Southampton I have been settling back in and also studying for dreaded upcoming exams (CRIPES). Hope you enjoy, and let me know what your favourite things have been recently!

1. Mini Eggs
This is pretty self-explanatory. I mean, is there anyone in the world who doesn't like Mini Eggs? I could not tell you how many packets of these I have gone through since moving to Southampton. I'm going to say at LEAST three a week. I am obsessed.




2. London
I was fortunate enough to get to visit London twice in the month of February, once with one of my oldest and best friends Jackie and once with one of my newest best friends/boyfriend (LOL) Sean. I blogged all about it here:

Part 1 - Notting Hill
Part 2 - Covent Garden
Part 3 - Big Ben, Downing Street
Part 4 - Buckingham Palace
Part 5 - Camden Town
Part 6 - The Shard & London Bridge



3. Hummingbird Bakery, Notting Hill.
One of my favourite places in the world, without a doubt. Life-changing Red Velvet Cupcakes, Rainbow Cake and pretty pink coffee cups. What more could you want?




4. Nike Running Shoes (do not ask me the type)
NO THAT IS NOT A TYPO. I, Siofra Donnellan, bought running shoes. Or 'tackies' as Seán makes me call them (they're not at all tacky). Those of you who know me or have got to know me from reading my blog may know that me and sport/exercise are not the best of friends. However, I am starting to make more of an effort. Step 1 - spending money on running shoes instead of buying three new lipsticks for the price (this was tough). But aren't they purdy?



5. Southampton Common
Linked to the reason I bought above running shoes. The Common is a GIANT green area/park/common area in Southampton really near to where I live and I have been going there to walk/jog more frequently of late. It is such a relaxing place to be, with tonnes of people with children, their partners, walking dogs from pugs to poodles and - of course - the ice cream truck (I have to have SOME reason to go, cut me some slack)..



6. Lindt Chocolate
I have ALWAYS loved Lindt chocolate. It is quite possibly the nicest chocolate there is. For Valentines Day, Dad sent me over Lindt Cookies and Cream Chocolates and THEY. WERE. DIVINE. I ate them all within two days. And that was me being good.





7. 'We Need to Live More' blog
Ella Grace Denton is the proud owner of this wonderful blog. I have found it to be very interesting and (although I hate the cliché) - inspirational over the last two months, as well as helpful in many ways. She writes about many different things, from recipes, to her new decision to become Vegan, to long distance relationship advice (AMEN) and outfits, travel, breakfast ideas and so much more. It is a wonderful blog and doesn't have tonnes of writing so is easy to follow with beautiful pictures and blog design. Find it here 




8. Starbucks Hazelnut half-caff latte
My new favourite from Starbucks. A tall, hazelnut latte, half-caff(half de-caf, half caffeinated - too much caffeine makes me panicky) aaaand sometimes I add cream. It's so good, try it. Unless you're allergic to nuts, in which case please don't.




9. Fusion Magazine
I have mentioned this magazine before but thought it deserved another shout-out. It is a magazine started in Limerick and one of my very best friend's Mary is the make up artist for the magazine. I was lucky enough to feature in an issue two months ago, however THIS month's issue features the one and only Niall O'Halloran - a close friend of mine who happens to be an amazingly talented singer and songwriter, destined for BIG things, people. He gives a wonderful interview and it is definitely worth a read. This month's issue also focuses a lot on Mental Health, which is such an important topic to inform yourself about, both for your own sake and for the sake of others around you. There are some very interesting and useful articles in the magazine and it is definitely worth picking up. (I am not sure if I'm allowed use the below photo so it may have to be removed: Copywright of Fusion Magazine, Photographer: Tarmo Tulit, Coverboy: Niall O'Halloran).

Click below to hear his beautiful voice! It's a tear-jerker, beware.
An original song by Niall


10. Nivea Miscellar Cleansing water
I absolutely adore this product. It is a gentle cleansing water which gently and easily melts away the days make up. I apply this onto a cotton pad (I use 4/5 for my whole face) and sweep gently across my skin to remove my make up quickly and easily. This product  removes all traces of make up and leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed, with no rinsing needed. It is also cheap and cheerful, which is always a bonus! I found the Garnier version of this broke my skin out so was slightly apprehensive about trying the Nivea one but as it is suitable for sensitive skin, it has had absolutely no negative effect on my skin at all, if anything my skin looks better now than before I used it! I would 100% recommend trying out this product. 

11. Vintage Jacket
I have to give my older sister Caoimhe credit for this one. This beautiful jacket was found by her in a Vintage store in Southampton named Harper and Lewis when she came over to visit in February. Unfortunately for her (fortunately for me) she forgot to pack it when she was leaving and so I have taken it upon myself to mind it for her for the last two months, and give it the love it deserves (i.e. wearing it pretty much every day). A bargain at £20, you cannot go wrong. This jacket goes with every outfit - jeans and a t-shirt, leggings and an over-sized jumper and even dresses with tights! It is safe to say I am obsessed.





12. Paris
If you are up to date with my blog posts, some of you may know that I took a trip to Paris at the end of February for three days to meet  one of my oldest and best friends Jackie (from New York), her mom and Grandma and my Mom, as it was Jackie's 21st birthday and that is where she wanted to celebrate it. What better place? I absolutely adore Paris and didn't want to leave, fingers crossed I will be back soon! If you haven't seen my Paris blog posts I will leave links below:

Paris: Day 1
Paris: Day 2
Paris: Day 3





13. Miss Dior Perfume
For some reason, my recent trip to Paris made me want to start wearing this old favourite again. It has a gorgeous, light, floral fragrance and is perfect for this time of year when you don't want anything to heavy or musky. 



14. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo
*Drum roll please* - I believe I have found the perfect dry shampoo. This is a feat I thought I would never accomplish but alas, here we are. This stuff is amazing! It is delightfully unfragranced apart from a tiny hint of freshness, leaves no white residue in the hair whatsoever, and actually works! Unlike other dry shampoo brands I have tried, it is not glaringly obvious you have used dry shampoo and have not in fact washed your hair in three days, as there is virtually no give away scent and no residue. If you are a dry shampoo worshipper (let's face it, who isn't) then I highly recommend this one. Give it a whirl!

I hope you enjoyed this favourites post and that it gave you some ideas of some products you would like to try! Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments of some of your favourites that you think I should try this month :) 

Thank you so much for reading,

Siofra






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top