London at Christmas in 30 Hours

Of all the times I've been to London, I had never been at Christmas time until last year. Ed and I were so excited to see the lights and soak up the Christmassy atmosphere, and I figured there was no point posting this last year AFTER Christmas, so here it is now!

I've popped a list below of the things - in my opinion - you absolutely cannot miss. Most of these we managed to see, however in 30 hours we didn't manage to hit everything, so I've added in the places that we wanted to go that are also fab. You can see more in my reel on Instagram of the lights in all their glory.

Christmas lights/displays:

  • Carnaby Street/Soho lights
  • Bond Street lights
  • Regent Street lights
  • Mayfair lights
  • Covent Garden Christmas Village
  • Annabel's Mayfair Swarovski Gingerbread House
  • Trafalgar Square Christmas Tree






My favourite Christmas tree I have ever seen in all my days. Currently trying to convince Ed that tinsel is back. Pray for me people,




Christmassy drinks:

  • The Ship, Soho (or literally any of the cute old man pubs with tacky decorations)
  • The Miracle Bar at The Henrietta Hotel (Covent Garden) - this is a 70's Christmas-themed bar upstairs in the Henrietta Hotel and is the best, tacky Christmas atmosphere you will probably find in London





Food
  • Burro e Salvia, Shoreditch
  • Da Henrietta, The Henrietta Hotel
  • Crosstown Donuts



A MULLED WINE DONUT LADIES AND GENTS. Run don't walk.



This is definitely a whistle-stop tour of London at Christmas - as mentioned we only had 30 hours (sleeping included) so we definitely didn't get all the essentials in and Winter Wonderland was sold out (debatable if this is an essential?). Let me know your favourite London at Christmas spots - I'm dying to go again next year (mortgage saving this year is not allowing, lol, love that for me).



Thanks for reading and happy festive season,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top