My Holiday Diary: Day 7 & 8 - Last Day, Getting Scalded, Pretty Pink Bows & Going Home

Day 7:
Today was our last full day of holidays and we decided to soak up every last piece of sun we could before going home to -a most likely rainy - Ireland, so we headed to the beach early to make the most of the day there. Unfortunately, we were running low on SPF and I didn't apply enough, - resulting in me getting scalded which was SO painful and annoying because I'm always so, so careful and I hadn't got burned once all week!




We left the beach around 5pm as it became cloudy and a little chilly and after a dip in the sea we were all quite goose-bumpy. We arrived back at the house, showered ourselves free of sand and sea-salt and got dressed up for our last supper in the beautiful town of Ericeira. We went to a busy little restaurant called La Folie with lovely food but the staff had very little English! 






Dress - Zara
Sandals - Forever 21
Satchel - New Look




Afterwards we went to a popular little 'gelateria' called Blue Ice in the town and Meave and I shared some gelato (we ate it so fast I didn't even have time to take a photo to insert here). We had a lovely last night on holidays! Unfortunately when we got back to the house my sunburn was starting to hurt a lot - on the back and front of my thighs, my stomach and my back. Needless to say tossed and turned wide awake until I was called to go to the airport at 6:30am. FUN TIMES.

Day 8:
I 'woke' up (got up) at 6:30am, got out of bed, walked into the bathroom and felt so so dizzy, the room was spinning and my legs were like jelly, walked back out to the landing and fainted on the tiles. Ouch. Super start to the day! As a result, I was forced (by my medical student sister) to drink a can of coke as breakfast (sugar levels and all that jazz) and hauled into the car and onto the plane - in severe sunburning agony!



Not the most enjoyable flight home but an amazing week nonetheless - a much needed break. I hope you have enjoyed this "Holiday Diary" series, if you have please let me know in the comments!

Thank you for reading,
Síofra



CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Indeed an informative post! Your post has stimulated my desire to plan a tour ASAP! I always wanted to visit Lisbon at least once! Finally, I will fly to Lisbon next weekend. Luckily, I received my Portugal holiday visa last evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm so happy my post had such a good effect on you that you want to plan a tour. This post is from a couple of years back but I re-visited Lisbon more recently so I have two entire posts on Lisbon that are more up to date if you want to take some advice/tips from those! Have them linked here:

    https://siofiee93.blogspot.com/2017/06/lisbon-love-day-1-of-2.html

    and

    https://siofiee93.blogspot.com/2017/07/lisbon-love-day-2-of-2.html

    Have a wonderful trip and thank you for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top