My Holiday Diary: Day 3 - Clouds, Pastries & Café Paris

A lazy start to day three of holiday week was in order, so after a slow breakfast and a peek at the dauntingly overcast skies, we decided to take a chance and head to the beach, picnic and ice-cream money in tow. Although overcast it was still pretty warm so we settled in at the beach for a couple of hours until we felt some sprinklings of water which were unfortunately coming from the sky, not a spray from the sea. We raced back to the car and made our way back down the corkscrew hill and back home, stopping off in a little Portugese Patisserie on route for some coffee, pastries and WiFi. 


    (Yes, that is my Dad 'reading' Vogue. I quote "what is that? Is that a man? What happened its hair?")



We decided we would head into the small, nearby town of Sintra for food later that evening, so after a quick dip in the pool (which mainly consisted of me floating about in an inflatable tyre, trying not to fall right through and into the cold water), we all got ourselves ready, had a quick photo shoot in the sunset evening light and made our way to the town of Sintra. 

 (My face was looking particularly dodgy so I cut it out)
Playsuit - Primark/Penneys
Sandals (again) - Forever 21

 Bikini:
Navy Daisy Chain top - Urban Outfitters (sale)
White crochet bottoms - Penneys/Primark



        Lipstick - Cheryl Cole Nude for L'oreal
Eyeshadow - Urban Decay Naked Palette 'Sidecar' on lid, 'Naked' in crease

Dress - Forever 21
Sandals - Forever 21
(Caoimhe's entire outfit also Forever 21)






We decided on a gorgeously decorated restaurant, aptly named "Café Paris" and sat our tired selves down for some well-needed nutrition! I adore the city of Paris, it is one of my favourite places in the entire world (I plan to live there for some time when I finish college), and so I was very pleased with the restaurant choice. The food was amazing - I ordered Sautéed Pork Filets with carmelized pineapple ( - MAN ALIVE it was gooood!), and for dessert I shared a scrumptious almond pie with my sister. 






After our delicious food we made our way home, and - after a couple of glasses of wine - headed upstairs to rest our weary, sunkissed heads for the night. 

Thanks for reading!

Síofra

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top