July & August Favourites

I am aware it is almost 2 weeks into September so first off -sincere apologies about the tardiness of this post. These are a few of the things I have been loving over the past 2 months, I decided to combine July and August as I had been using many of the same favourites throughout June and July so there weren't too many new things to report. 

1. The Milk Market (see three blog posts ago) - a place close to home which I adore visiting on a Saturday morning, especially during the Summer when the weather is fine and there is an alluring atmosphere about the place.



2. MAC Face and Body foundation, shade C1 & C3 - I absolutely love this foundation during Summertime, the shade C1 is perfect for when I'm not wearing fake tan as it is the best match to my skin tone, and the C3 I wore on holidays when my face and body were more tanned. The 'C' shades are suitable for skin tones with a slightly more pinky undertone as the yellow-based foundation counteracts the pink flush. The 'N' shades are suitable for more yellow skin tones as they are pink-based. This foundation is light coverage but buildable to medium, I usually put a light base of the foundation on and then go in under my eyes, around my nose, chin and just below my cheeks with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealor in Light 1.





3. Bare Minerals All Over Face Colour in 'Pure Radiance' - This is a gorgeous mineral peach blush which looks shimmery in a really natural way on the skin, as well as adding a natural flush of colour to the apples of the cheeks without being too much. LOVELY JUBBLY. Beware though: A little goes a LONG way. (the photos don't really show quite how shimmery it is in the pot, you'll just have to trust me).




(Excuse the awkward photo but this was an attempt to show you the blush, but you can't really see it properly. I only put a small amount on so it just kind of naturally brightens and flushes your cheeks every so slightly, making my skin look glowy and healthy).






4. Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr in '65-Pink Gold' - I've been using this almost everyday this month as it is so quick and easy to apply at 7:15am when you are barely conscious enough to see what you're doing. As it is a cream eyeshadow I apply and blend it with my fingers, which cuts out all the faffing about with a brush. Looks really pretty on it's own (for the in-a-mad-rush days) or acts as a really natural base (when a small amount is applied) for other powder eyeshadows.





5. Dairy Milk Giant Buttons - Holy Guacamole, these things are to die for. GIANT circles of chocolate that melt in your mouth, what more could you want? Not going to say how many of these I've gone through in the last two months, I'll leave that mystery unknown. (no photo here, you can guess what they look like and also I finished them all and got rid of the evidence. Sorryyyy.)

6. Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay 7 day stay gel nail colour (*GASP FOR BREATH*) in Uptown Blue & Pink in the Park - These are two gorgeous pastel colours that I have been loving all Summer, one is a sky blue and the other a pastel pink and they are just the perfect summery shades and the long-lasting power makes them a perfect 'slap on and go' kind of product, without having to worry about chips two days later.


 (slightly looks like I'm going to break into the choreography of 'Stop' by the Spice Girls here...)




7. L'oreal Color Riche L'ombre Pure eyeshadow in Nude 200 'Over the Taupe' - On the days that I have more time than just cream eyeshadow time, I like to apply this. It is a gorgeous buttery, shimmery powder eyeshadow, which glides on the lid almost like a gel formula. The colour is a perfect neutral, taupe-y shade and I have a feeling I will be needing some more shades as I just adore this formula. Truly.





8. Victoria's Secret 'Noir Tease' scented body mist - This smells DIVINE. This has been the scent of the Summer for me. It has a gorgeous, slightly musky but flowery smell, quite sophisticated for day or night wear. The only down side is; because it's a body mist and not a perfume the scent doesn't linger for very long. On the plus side, it comes in a 75ml bottle (as well as other sizes and the perfume version) - perfect to throw in your hand luggage when travelling!




9. Youtuber: Essie Button's Nordic Vlogs - One of my favourite Youtubers Estée or EssieButton recently went on a Scandinavian roadtrip with her boyfriend Aslan and they daily vlogged it, branding them "Nordic Vlogs." I found them really interesting and it made me wanted to visit the places they travelled to as well!



10. Sephora Sol de Rio Bronzing Powder (Matte) - I have literally been using this every single day since I bought it. This is the perfect bronzer in my opinion: not too orange, matte (so perfect for contouring) and perfect for giving you that sunkissed glow rather than making you look like you got in a fight with some fake tan. Perfect for everyday wear, and has a HUGE mirror inside the compact - so handy for touching up make up on the go.






11. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 'Bohéme' - This lipstick is such a beautiful colour - a pinky/candy apple red with a sheer, glossy finish, it is perfect for popping on to complete a look or to dress an outfit up a bit without having to go all out with a red lip and liner (no liner needed here). It is also really hydrating on the lips so there's no worry of it drying them out, and the colour pay-off is buildable so you can make it more bold or more sheer. I bought this in Sephora when I was in Lisbon last month and I wore it everyday for the rest of the holiday.



12. Costa's Peach Iced Lemonade - This one is pretty self-explanatory. On a hot day there is nothing more refreshing than this drink in my opinion, just the right amount of sweet balanced with an added sprig of mint and you're good to go!

Thank you for reading!
Síofra

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top